Mixed Up Grunge

Wednesday, February 5, 2014


So here's my question...can you combine a grungy, mixed media sort of look with sequins?  I like it...but then I'm totally into the sequin craze these days.

Lots of layers here even though you only see two.  The background was made with a couple of shades of Distress Inks and a stencil.  Next came a layer of gesso, followed by more ink and another couple of stencils.  Then some Gelatos were rubbed on with my finger and finally another layer of stenciling and ink.  A wee bit of acrylic was smudged on with my trusty finger too!

The coffee cup and sentiment were stamped and then I added some Distress Stickles to the interior of the cup.

Wrapped some twine around the bottom of the card and finished it off with a button...then I just had to add some sequins...could not help myself...is there a sequins anonymous group anywhere out there????

The inside says "it's your birthday".

The edges were distressed and inked, it was popped up on dimensionals on my card base and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake and misc. white
Ink:  Brushed Corduroy, Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky Distress Inks; Ranger Coffee and Potting Soil Archival Inks; Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink
Stamps:  Verve Better With You
All the other stuff: cream acrylic paint, gesso, Gelatos, Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz Splatters stencil, Tim Holtz Stripes stencil, TCW Mini Tile Texture stencil, sponges, twine, button, sequins and dimensionals

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers MIX53 - Loving Layers
Curtain Call:  February 1 Cuppa Cocoa

Back soon with more...

9 comments

  1. Just gorgeous! Love those grungy layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Lee-Anne! I think you've done a great job of combining the mixed media, grunge & trendy sequins!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. grungy and sequins...it rocks. I love your use of that Verve set...looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gad, Lee-Anne, I could spend all day here! I should follow you around and watch!! LOLOL This is so warm, fun, and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. Love the stenciled background. The colors look awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!