Masculine Starry Birthday

Thursday, February 20, 2014


There was an interesting technique challenge over at Splitcoast earlier this week and I wanted to play with it today.

The star dies were placed on my card and then I used a white gel pen to trace around them.  Then, the dies were taped in place with some washi tape while I ran it through my Big Shot Pro.  Next, I just added some designer paper popped up on dimensionals behind the cut out stars.  Instant interest around your die cuts...cute idea hmmm?  There's a link below to the challenge.

A little die cut sentiment, some hemp twine, a button, some scoring in the corner and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Basic Grey, SU! designer paper (old), Gina K. pure luxury white
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Clearly Besotted Superstar Die collection, MFT button, multi-colored hemp twine, Scor-Pal, white gel pen, dimensionals

Challenges entered:
Less Is More Challenge #159:  masculine
CAS on Sunday #27:  masculine
Splitcoast Stampers LOVEFEST2014G:  let's score
Splitcoast Stampers TLC469: doodling
Splitcoast Stampers WT467:  stars

Back soon with more my friends...

7 comments

  1. This is darliing!! Love the white outlining of the stars! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, brilliant colour choice and great technique!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is wonderful. I have seen a lot of your cards. Simply stunning :-)
    Thank you for visiting my blog.
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super technique and a fab card
    Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous technique. Thanks for the link. I've checked it out and will definitely give this a try. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!