Flowery Hello Friend

Thursday, February 27, 2014


I'm playing along with the CASE Study challenge today.  Our Muse is none other than the fabulous Danielle Flanders.  Here is her lovely inspiration:


And, I'm also playing along with The Card Concept Challenge today, featuring florals. 

I've used a kraft card base today.  Then did an emboss-resist technique for the background, sponging on a shade of pink and a shade of yellow.  The little frame has been painted with Distress Paint and edged with a black marker. 

Next I added a die cut flower over a bit of tulle.  Then the sentiment was stamped on two little tickets and added to the frame.  A smattering of sequins and done! 

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake and Ranger Speciality Stamping Paper
Ink:  Hero Arts Soft Pink, Bubble Gum, Soft Vanilla and Blackboard
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted You Are and A Little Sentimental
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Clearly Besotted You Are die collection, chipboard frame (unknown), Peeled Paint Distress Ink, tulle, Maya Road tickets, Hero Arts white embossing powder, heat gun, embossing buddy, Kelly Purkey sequins, Tombow adhesive, black marker, sponges, dimensionals

Challenges entered:
CASE Study 180
The Card Concept #4:  floral theme (my style...freestyle collage)

Back soon with more my friends...

5 comments

  1. Lee-Anne, this is too lovely for words. from your beautiful BG to your warm and wonderful images!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning gorgeous !! I love everything about ur card, I was trying to create something for this challenge today but ended up tearing my creation !! LOL
    Also,have realized I don't follow u yet, which is so not happening any more :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lee Anne...this is beautiful! I love the collage-like feel to it, and that tulle? How did you come up with that one? Such a great little element that added a huge punch to your already pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...so how neat is this card? Very cool and very creative! Fabulous collage look - awesome choice of elements that work beautifully together! The "Hello Friend" on the ticket stubs is sheer creative genius! Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity with us at the Card Concept Challenge!

    Oh yeah...ditto on Cathy's comment...the tulle rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the pink and craft together and that open frame with the background peeking through!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!