Cut Away Wish

Saturday, February 1, 2014


Well, couldn't leave those stencils alone :)  This time I've used one stencil over another.

First off, the card base was cut to a standard A2 size.  Then I placed the leaf stencil over the card base and inked it with some Hero Arts ink.  Next, the tile stencil was laid over top of the first stencil and I used an India ink pen to ink through the little holes in the stencil.

The sentiment was slightly curved to match the stem and simply stamped in black.  Next I drew a pencil line along the edge where I wanted the leaves cut out.  Then, I used a craft knife to cut the edge including the fussy cutting around the leaves and... done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! crumb cake
Ink:  Hero Arts soft brown and Versafine onyx black
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner Sayings
All the other stuff:  Simon Says Stamp Leaves stencil, TCW mini tile texture, Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen in white, craft mat, craft knife, ruler, pencil, sponge

Challenges entered:
CAS(E) this sketch#62
CAS-ual Fridays CFC127 - over the edge
Splitcoast Stampers IC426 -  you can see my inspiration here:  Ethan Allen pillow

Back soon with more...

6 comments

  1. Lee-Anne, this curved leaf is so pretty...love the little tiles. I can't do anything with a craft knife. I've tried but always make a jagged mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW. I like the out-of-the-box too! The whole card is so creative and so elegant! It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design Lee-Anne. Haven't tried the stencil over stencil yet, but it's on my list - you have aced it here! :) Love the cut out edge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tone on tone look. great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!