Butterfly Dreams

Monday, February 24, 2014


Clean and simple this time.

The card base has been dry embossed.  Next I stamped the butterfly image in Versamark on some vellum and heat embossed with matching embossing powder.  And then, I pulled out my trusty little craft sewing machine and stitched around the entire piece of vellum to attach it to the card base.  A few little enamel dots and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Lucky Limeade and vellum
Ink:  Versamark
Stamps:  TH Papillon
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Cuttlebug Charles embossing folder, embossing buddy, Zing embossing powder in Leaf, MME Enamel Dots, sewing machine, heat gun

Challenges entered:
Fusion #4:
Splitcoast Stampers CAS261:  CAS card with a colored card base

Back soon with more...


8 comments

  1. Love the lime green base -- I literally was thinking yesterday how I need to break away from a white base :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la...the colors on your card are fabulous and I love the stitching! Wow! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your embossing and the stitching, Lee-Ann. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that bright green - so fresh and fun! And the stitching is awesome! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, love your embossing on vellum!! So very pretty. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous that you can sew!! I can;t even thread the machine~LOL Those vellum butterflies are really inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you have done something I admire, and that's stitch on your card! The colors are so vibrant and I really like the BG and those enamel dots too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!