Watery Feel Better Soon

Thursday, January 9, 2014


Playing with gesso and modelling paste again today.  Must say...I'm having fun.  My inspiration today comes from Freshly Made Sketches #118:


As with my post from yesterday,  I'll direct you to Splitcoast for Jackie Pedro's Layered Gesso Background Tutorial for the process in creating a background like this.  No sense in trying to re-invent the wheel right?

Again, I've started with a piece of watercolor paper, added a layer of gesso, a layer of stamping, a layer of acrylic paint, more gesso in random fashion, some gelatos and some Twinkling H20s and then modelling paste through a stencil. 

The horizontal strip has been dry embossed and then the sentiment square has been stamped with the feather image and the sentiment.  No embellies today.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white card stock, watercolor paper, SU! Sahara Sand
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival, SU! Sahara Sand and Memento Espresso Truffle
Stamps:  Hero Arts (feather), Technique Tuesday (sentiment), Unity Stamps (Christy Tomlinson) background
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Bubble Wrap embossing folder, gesso, acrylic paint, modelling paste, spatula, brushes, gelatos, Twinkling H20s, dimensionals, TCW Mini Rain stencil

Back soon with more...





2 comments

  1. Looky at you going all mixed media. Love the modeling paste! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing. Love that background. I have to go check out that link! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!