Tropical Dreams

Tuesday, January 28, 2014


Ah, to be on a tropical isle right now...it was minus 40 with the wind chill again this morning...sigh.  So it seemed rather appropriate to dream of warm weather, tropical flowers and a beautiful blue sea.  The color challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers is Tangerine Tango, So Saffron and Coastal Cabana...so while I didn't use SU colors I did try to come up with some comparable colors.

First off, I sprayed the bottom of the card with some luscious color mist, with the color concentrated at the bottom and gradually lightening upward.  Next I added some dimension with some embossing paste through a stencil sort of mimicking bubbles/waves.  Yes, I am still playing with stencils after taking that fabulous course through Online Card Classes.

The flowers from Verse are colored with Copics, fussy cut, brushed with a Wink of Stella marker and then I added some black enamel accents to the center of the flowers.  A simple sentiment (a thank you from Verve for my order!) and done.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Verve Joyful Blooms and a Verve freebie
All the other stuff:  Lindy's Stamp Gang Tibetan Poppy Teal color mist, TCW mini punchinella template, embossing paste, spatula, clear Wink of Stella pen, black Ranger enamel accents, adhesive, Copics:  BG0000, BG32, BG34, BG45, Y11, Y13, Y15, YR4, YR16

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers:  color challenge
Less is More - week 156 sketch

Back soon with more...


7 comments

  1. Someone is having fun with stencils and paste :) Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having fun on this course!
    I've just enrolled too!
    Super card LeAnne
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love your colour choices.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lee-Anne. And what a wonderful tropical get-away you've given us! Love this color combo and hope to play soon. Great job with the misting and embossing paste. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is gorgeous! Love the coloring and that fun textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, I am in love with what you are doing on this! I really like the spray, then the paste and those flowers are vibrant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!