Thanks Jackie!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014


Do you ever have one of those light bulb moments?  Well, today was one for me...I love the look of mixed media and have never truly "gotten" how the layering works, but thanks to Jackie Pedro's tutorial over at Splitcoast it's coming together for me.  If you've never look at the tutorials on Splitcoast check them out...so informative, so easy to follow!

So rather than me explaining the whole process, I'll just give you the quick basics and you can check out her tutorial if you'd like.

Started out with a piece of watercolor paper, added a layer of gesso, let it dry, stamped it, added a light layer of acrylic paint, smudged on more gesso with my fingers, added some Inka Gold and a bit of metallic gelato, then added modelling paste through two different stencils.

Then I stamped the sentiment, ripped the bottom of the page and added a few pearls.  Definitely not a five minute card so think that I'll gesso a bunch of watercolor paper and add some stamped images/words to keep in my stash.  Then I can customize for whatever I'd like to do that day.

This was indeed a fun process...

Here's what I used:
Paper:  watercolor paper and SU! Rose Red
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Christy Tomlinson Unity Stamps(chicken wire in the background), Flourishes (sentiment)
All the other stuff:  craft sheet, gesso, spatula, modelling paste, Rose Inka Gold, blue metallic Gelato, pearls, TCW mini window screen stencil, Claudine Helmuth love birds stencil

Back soon with more...


4 comments

  1. So cool and very pretty, Lee-Anne. I saw that tutorial by Jackie a few days ago. I can imagine this card was very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different elements of your mixed media cards Lee-Anne. Truly unique and so creative! Will check out Jackie's tutorial. Haven't gotten into mixed media yet, but want to give it a try. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously done!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece. I LOVE it. It's my first time visiting your blog. I found it through a site you had uploaded it to. I had a question about what color of acrylic paint you used over your first coat of gesso. It looks like a blue. And did you use black ink to stamp the chicken wire? It looks grey. I wanted to know because your color choices are so balanced.-- auntkit@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!