Swirly Thanks

Monday, January 27, 2014


More playing with stencils.  This time I've used modeling paste and embossing powder to create a swirly, shimmery design.

I've used a standard A2 card base and rounded the bottom corners.  The top layer started with a slightly smaller rectangle with the bottom corners rounded as well.  I sprayed some color mist on the card stock concentrating the color more to the left side.  Once that was dry, modeling paste was pushed through a large stencil to create the swirls.  Before it dried, I quickly added some embossing powder and heated it to create the texture you see.  It's not an exact science...some parts raise more than others but I'm ok with that. 

The sentiment was placed on my stamp press at a slight angle so it could be stamped around the top of the swirl.

Just a few sequins and a couple of rhinestones were added for a wee bit more bling.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white and black
Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp
All the other stuff:  TCW Funky Swirl (thanks Ellen!), Lindy's Stamp Gang Tainted Love Teal Starburst mist, modeling paste, spatula, MS sequins, misc. rhinestones, Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, heat gun, corner chomper

Challenges entered:
Card Concept Challenge #2 - texture (clean and graphic)

8 comments

  1. So pretty Lee-Anne. LOVE the silvery swirls and the turquoise - great colors together. Looks like you're having lots of fun with the course!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, those swirls are magnificent, Lee-Ann! You are rocking the class!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swirls are great...how fun. Love the colors you used too. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning and great texture!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Those embossed swirls are incredible! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More awesome stuff!~ I love your swirls and their color too! The whole design is wonderful right down to the sequins! Where did you get your fiber and modeling pastes, Lee-Anne?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - I need to get myself some of this moulding paste and stencils! You've created such a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the effect of heat embossing over the moudling paste, espcially the difference in levels that it has created....adds texture & dimension to your design! Great call to keep the card this fabulously clean & simple and let the swirls have all the limelight! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!