Sent with Love

Friday, January 31, 2014


Time to change things up a bit...no stencils were harmed in the making of this card.  That's right no stencils today...but I warn you...I may suffer from withdrawal...*grin*.

I dry embossed some card stock but then flipped it over to get the "cushy" side to stamp on.  Then the three hearts were stamped across the top of the card.  Next comes a die cut banner that's been stamped with the sentiment.  I added another little heart on the banner and then topped it with my Wink of Stella marker...hmmm...it appears I'm addicted to that stuff.

Then, I used a Copic multi-liner to draw the stitching across the hearts and banner.  For a little finishing touch - a brad from my stash...and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white and vellum
Ink:  Hero Arts pale tomato, soft pool, soft brown and Ranger Archival jet black
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Lots of Hearts and Square Sayings
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, Verve Ribbon Banner die, Wink of Stella marker, Copic multi-liner, misc. brad, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Seize the Sketch #12
Color Throwdown #277 - Baked Brown Sugar, Regal Rose and Soft Sky
Splitcoast Free for All 206 - "love"

10 comments

  1. You Always make it look so easy peasy! Great texture and pattern in a small package!
    I especially like the banner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's still beautiful. It does look like a stencil with the hearts because of the embossed BG. Lovely and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful texture, fun hearts, and a heartfelt sentiment make a great card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is oh-so-lovely. The vellum is the perfect touch!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the stamping over the embossed panel and the vellum sentiment panel overlay. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Love the embossing with the stamped hearts and vellum sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun banner and love me me some hearts! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and full of texture! Lovely CAS design and a great use of the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hearts stamped on the embossed layer! Great effect! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous texture, Lee-Anne ... and I adore the vellum banner! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!