Believe Impossible Things

Saturday, January 4, 2014


Good morning everyone!  A very quick CAS design for today.

My card is a standard 4.25" x 5.5" and it's been stamped with a flourish in Hero Arts Shadow Ink.  Then I stamped the various patterns on a strip of card stock in two shades of the Hero Arts inks and created the lighter gray shade by stamping off.

A simple sentiment, some distressing, and a few rhinestones and done!

This card is for:
CTD273 (Color Throw Down) using Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and white
CFC125 (CAS-ual Fridays) in a word...to use a word or words that describe your hopes for the new year

Here's what I've used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white
Ink:  Hero Arts Soft Pool, Soft Granite and Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Hero Arts (background), WPlus9 (patterns) and Unity Stamps (sentiment)
All the other stuff:  distressing tool, rhinestones


8 comments

  1. What a beautiful design...love the flourishes in the background and what a great way to add the sentiment!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment....have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and design Lee-Anne ... perfect for the soft colors you've used. LOVE the strip with the different colors and patterns and the distressed edges. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quilt strip looks so pretty with that lovely flourish background, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the strip of patterned papers and the flourishes look fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colors and design. great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I am in love with the sentiment. I think I might need that stamp! Second, the strip of stamped patterns--wow. That is awesome! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do find your sentiment so inspiring. the distressed edges is my favorite part. When I am in a rut with a card, I distress the edges and it seems to make it better. So more distressing for 2014 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh...forgot to say Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!