Red Joy



Needed a card for my hair stylist today...he'll be getting a gift card to Cora but since I have yet to pick that up...just decided to make a card instead of a gift card holder.

I used the Sizzix Birch Trees folder for the background.  The top of the folder was inked with Hero Arts White chalk ink before it was embossed.  Then I dragged my Frayed Burlap Distress Ink pad across the top of the trees.  Next, using some Ranger Glossy Accents, I added some Polar White flower soft for a snowy effect.

The deer was die cut from the Reindeer Flight Sizzix die and the edges were inked with more of the Frayed Burlap.  Some tiny Studio Calico wooden stars were added.  They've been painted with some Tarnished Brass Distress Paint for a little bit of sparkle...not too much though as I wanted to keep a very masculine look to the card.

The sentiment is some Maya Road chipboard (love this stuff!) that's been painted with Adirondack Red Pepper acrylic paint.

The embossed layer has been popped up with dimensionals, as has the deer.

Back soon with more...happy Monday everyone!