Dotted Flower

Sunday, December 29, 2013


A very simple CAS card today.  The only thing not so simple...making the flower.  But it's not really that difficult...just a bit of patience while things dry.

This is for the Less is More Challenge 151 to do a previous challenge.  I chose the week 11 challenge - acetate.  This is also for the Featured Stamper challenge over at Splitcoast today.  We are honoring Cary aka Miss Minx.  Here is her stunning card that I chose to CASE:


I didn't have anything like that gorgeous Petaloo flower in my stash so decided to make one.  The flower has been die cut in Clearly For Art Modelling Film with the MFT Botanical Beauty die.  Next it was colored with alcohol inks and allowed to dry.  Then I used black Stazon to stamp the dotted design from Savvy Stamps all over the petals.  Once that was dry, I used my heat gun to shape the petals.  Then I poked a little hole in each layer and added the pearl brad.

Cut a slightly smaller rectangle than the card and dry embossed it with the Tim Holtz Distressed Frame embossing folder and stamped the Verve sentiment on it.  Attached it to the card and done!

Back soon with more...



2 comments

  1. Wow, I am so inspired by this card, Lee-Anne! The pop of your color and pattern makes this CAS card sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, I love the green hues of the flower and well done for persevering with it, it was certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!