Day 6 - Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist

Thursday, December 12, 2013


And yet another tag for the Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist.  This one is based on this shabby chic tag from Julia Stainton:

I used the same image as Julia, but it was in a larger format.  This tag starts out by cutting a tag out of Sticky Back Canvas.  Next both the image and sentiment were stamped in Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.  I heat set both.  Then, using my Distress Paints and a water brush, I painted the Santa image.   Three of the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and my water brush was used to slightly pull the color from the edge of the tag.

Some lace was glued across the bottom of the tag and then I looped more lace and some seam binding through the tag hole.

Back soon with more...


1 comment

  1. Wonderful Santa image and such pretty lace. Super tag, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!