Day 3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist

Hmmm...day three you ask???  Well, I am determined to get all 12 days of Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist done and have decided to do them in random fashion.

Here's Ronda Palazzari's gorgeous inspiration:

And here's my take on it.  I find it hard to take pictures of glittery and shiny things...wish this photo showed the glittery, embossed bird and stars better :(



To make my tag, I used the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates die...it's been cut twice, once in Craft-a-Board and once in Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap.  I used one coat of Matte Medium between the layers and one more coat on top.

Next, I placed three puddles of  Distress Paint on my craft sheet...Weathered Wood, Broken China and Seedless Preserves.  Then, sprayed it with water and then dragged my tag through the paint a couple of times.  Hit it with the heat gun to dry it. 

Then pushed some Picket Fence Distress Paint through my TCW Branches Reversed stencil and again, hit it with the heat gun.  Next I stamped the star image from Verve's Glad Tidings set in Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter.  I then dragged some Seedless Preserves Distress Paint on each side of the tag.

The little leaves are some Prima stuff from ages ago that I had in my stash.  Just added a touch of the Broken China Distress Paint to one leaf.  The giant bottle cap...something else in my stash...yeah!!!

The bird is from the Tim Holtz Christmas Cardinal die (yes, I do know that cardinals are red, but I'm taking creative license here...ok???)  Note to self...you NEED another bird die...*grin*.  It's been cut in Craft-a-Board and again heat embossed with the same WOW embossing glitter.  I stacked up several dimensionals behind the cardinal to attach him to the bottle cap.  The bottle cap and leaves were adhered with Ranger Glossy Accents.

Then I colored my own seam binding with Distress Paints in Broken China, Seedless Preserves and Brushed Pewter and added some Tim Holtz doo-dads for a little more feminine bling.

The sentiment is a piece of Maya Road chipboard that's been painted with the Broken China Distress Paint.

Whew!  OK...not quick...not easy but oh so much fun!

Back soon with more...