Day 12 - Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist

Sunday, December 15, 2013


Well, here it is...my twelfth and final tag for Ellen Hutson's Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist!

It's based on this tag by the fabulous Ellen Hutson:


Ellen did an amazing job on this...she used Gelli prints to create the tag and the ornament.  Since I don't own any print making tools...I took a little different direction, but kept with her overall theme.  Ellen did a bokeh effect background and if you enlarge my picture you may actually see it *grin*.  It's very subtle.

I started out with a manila tag and stamped three soft colors of Hero Arts ink with an ink dauber.  Then to soften the effect even more, I dabbed on some Picket Fence Distress Paint.  Once that was heat set, I stamped the pine branches in Versamark ink and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.

Next, the ornament is simply die cut in a designer paper that has some sparkle.  The pink (yes, I know...pink, really Lee-Anne?) branch was die cut with the Tim Holtz Holly Branch and tied on the branch with gold cord.

The sentiment is again die cut from a Simon Says Stamp die.  A simple white satin ribbon finishes it off.

Hats off to Ellen and all the wonderful women who inspired me to make all 12 tags.  They come up with the most amazing designs...

Back soon with more...

1 comment

  1. Congrats on getting all the tags done - that's a lot of work. But now you have twelve amazing tags that will thrill the people that receive them. This is gorgeous withe gold embossing and the soft colors of the ornament and branch (love the snow on the branch!!). Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!