Friday, June 14, 2013
Yes, it certainly has been a long time between posts hasn't it? Not feeling the mojo these days and have been spending lots of time outdoors with my flowers, garden etc.
Dina has asked us to use some black shading on a stamped image today for the Mix-Ability Challenge over at Splitcoast.
I started out by stamping the floral image with Black Soot Distress Ink. Then I used my waterbrush to pull the black out in certain areas to shade the flowers. Next I used my waterbrush to add some color with Distress Paints. Then I added more shading with the Black Soot Distress Ink. A Copic marker was used to outline the flowers too.
For the background...Distress Paints applied with a spatula and a stamp. And, for the embellies...some pale green pearls.
Here's what I used:
Paper: Fabriano Acquarello Watercolor paper, SU! Basic Black
Ink: Black Soot Distress Ink and Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps: Unity Donna Poppy Background, Tim Holtz Mixed Media and Simon Says Stamp
All the other stuff: Bundled Sage and Broken China Distress Paints, Niji waterbrush, Copic W3, Hero Arts pearls, spatula, ATG, Corner Chomper
Hope you have a wonderful weekend...back soon with more!
Posted by Lee-Anne at 1:20 PM