Starry Masculine Birthday


A quick and very easy card for the Color Challenge today over at Splitcoast.  The suggested colors are SU! Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Marina Mist.  I substituted Hero Arts Red Royal, Cup O' Joe and Pool...as they are very close to the colors.

When I think of masculine designs...my first thought is something very clean and simple.  Stars are a great theme for "guy" cards...and that actually works for any age male.

My card base is a standard 4.25" x 5.5".  I've stamped the little star square image three times, added some die cut stars, stamped the sentiment.  Then I used some Distress Stickles to add a little bit of sparkle, but not too much, 'cause it's a "guy" card right?

Easy peasy... quick as a wink card!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury Card Stock in White, SU! Cherry Cobbler and SU! Marina Mist
Ink:  Hero Arts Red Royal, Cup O' Joe and Pool
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT Stacking Stars, Fired Brick Distress Stickles, Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles

My thoughts and prayers are for all those affected by the tornadoes in the south...wishing you all better days ahead!