Painted Tulips


So by now you know how much I love mixed media...this was truly a stretch for me today.  But that's what challenges are all about aren't they?

Birgit's leading us with her challenge at Splitcoast today...to create something new and different from our normal stamping/painting/ inking designs.  You can find the challenge here if you'd like to play along! So in the spirit of trying something new I've opted for a more clean and simple approach to mixed media today.

I started out with a piece of old designer paper from Basic Grey and stamped the tulip image in Ranger Archival Ink.  Next I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color the stems and the leaves of the flowers.  Just used two different colors and blended lightly.  Then I painted the tulips with Distress Paints in two colors.

Using a Gelato, I added some more white to the already distressed looking paper.  Next I added some shadows with a Copic pen and finally stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black.  The piece was then layered simply on black card stock.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury card stock in Black Onyx and Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink:  Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday Greenhouse Society
All the other stuff:  Prismacolor colored pencils, Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door, white Gelato, W3 Copic marker, Niji waterbrush

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  See you soon with more!