No Flowers Here

Thursday, May 23, 2013


Linda's leading the Ways to Use It Challenge at Splitcoast this week.  We're to showcase something in the yard/garden but it can't be flowers.  So my next favorite thing to flowers...leaves of course!  But with spring well underway...those leaves in the garden are a long ways off and I'm happy about that!

I've used the acrylic block technique today.  Taking a large rectangular acrylic block, I added three shades of Distress Ink in random fashion, spritzed it with water and stamped it on my card.  Next, since I still  had the Penny Black Dahlias stamp set on my table, I used the leaves from that set and stamped them randomly over top with the same three colors.

Added the Verse sentiment and three little doodads from a set of Martha Stewart embellies that I have.  Easy peasy, less than 10 minutes card for sure!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury card stock
Ink:  Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Penny Black Dahlias and Verve Words of Wisdom
All the other stuff:  acrylic block, water mister, Martha Stewart embellies, Ranger Glossy Accents

Back soon with more my friends!



2 comments

  1. My family members all the time say that I am wasting my
    time here at net, but I know I am getting experience everyday by reading thes nice content.

    buy facebook likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne, this is beautiful and such wonderful colors. The acrylic block technique is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!