Mixed Inspiration

A card for both the Splitcoast Mixed Media challenge this week...glitter under glass and a card for the Splitcoast Inspiration challenge.  I chose this beautiful bracelet for my inspiration.

I started my card by dabbing three shades of Distress Paint on my craft sheet and spraying it with water.  Then I pulled a piece of watercolor paper through it. Then, to add more texture, I rolled up a baby wipe and rolled it up and down the watercolor paper.   It was dried with a heat gun and then dry embossed.  Next I used three different colors of Stickles to "paint" the center of the medallion and once that was dry it was covered with Ranger Glossy Accents.

Next, I used my finger to smudge more Broken China Distress Paint around the edges and then added some Picket Fence Distress Paint to soften the look.  Then, the edges were distressed and I swiped them with a gold ink pad and heat embossed the edges with gold embossing powder.

Finally, it was placed on a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card base.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury White and Simon Says Stamp watercolor paper
Ink:  Encore Metallic Gold
Stamps:  none
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Sizzix Medallion Embossing Folder, Tarnished Brass Distress Paint, Mowed Lawn Distress Paint, Broken China Distress Paint, Picket Fence Distress Paint, baby wipes, Lime Green Stickles, Golden Rod Stickles, Aqua Stickles, Ranger Glossy Accents, gold embossing powder, craft sheet, heat gun, distressing tool, water mister

Enjoy your weekend everyone!  Back soon with more!