Funky Flowers

Thursday, May 16, 2013


Time for the Ways to Use It challenge over at Splitcoast today.  Cathy has asked us to use flowers...and if you've spent any time on my blog...you'll know I'm all over that kind of challenge!  And, this is also for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Flower Power.

My background comes out of my stash...it was done with several colors of  Dylusions Ink spray quite some time ago just waiting for a day like this.  Next I stamped the Hero Arts stamp over top in Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.  It actually comes with the text and the flowers so that made it really easy.  Then I painted the flowers with Stickles.

For my edge treatment I was inspired by Buzsy's (Monika) card from yesterday where she used cheesecloth and white embossing around the edge of her card.  Instead, I chose to use burlap and Picket Fence Distress Paint, once I'd distressed the edges.

The sentiment was stamped with Stazon ink on a piece of vellum and I used theTim Holtz Tiny Attacher to place it on the card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury card stock in Black Onyx, vellum scrap and some paper from my stash
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black and Stazon Black
Stamps:  Wordsworth and Hero Arts
All the other stuff:  Stickles, burlap, Picket Fence Distress Paint, distressing tool, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Hope you're having a wonderfully creative week my friends!  Back soon with more!

4 comments

  1. One would genuіnely wonder why thiѕ аpplicatiοn development has pгovided new technologicаl pοѕsibilities for
    the new iphone toо.
    Αlѕo: What's the deal with it," says Akkaradert Bumrungmuang, 24, a student at Mahidol University in Bangkok. Disney, it seems, is working on versions of the app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome, Lee-Anne. You are so creative with this type card. I love burlap and cheesecloth so either is a winner with me. Loving those vibrant colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one really cool card! Love the colors and the touch of sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love all the blended colours together..gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!