Floating Vellum


Floating vellum...yes, it actually just looks like it's floating on top of the card today.  Sometimes you really have to be creative in how you attach your vellum to your card don't you?

I've used the sketch challenge from Splitcoast for my layout today.

This card's made with a standard A2 sized base.  A slightly smaller rectangle has been dry embossed and placed on it first.  Then the two squares of designer paper which have been sponged with Distress Ink to make them stand out a little bit more.  I chose a stamp that could hide three glue dots/dimensionals fairly evenly spaced across the main panel and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next I colored the back with Copics in coordinating colors with the squares of designer paper.  (note - only color the back of a heat embossed piece if you'd like to keep your Copics healthy!) Then, I simply placed the floral panel onto my card with the dimensionals,  added a few gems and done!

Pretty simple card...easy to make in no time really.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury White card stock, heavyweight vellum and Bramble Rose MME
Ink:  Brilliance Moonlight White and Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Stamps:  Hero Arts Dogwood
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder, Hero Arts white embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat gun, sponge, gems, Copics - R24, R27 and R29

Hope you are having a fabulous week my friends!  The sun is shining and the birds are singing here...all is right with the world!