Crazy Stem

Monday, May 20, 2013


It's time for the TLC over at Splitcoast, and it's also time for the CAS challenge too!  Judy's challenge...crazy stitching and Denise's challenge...that smells great.

I started out by stamping my floral image once on the rectangular piece and twice again on a smaller scrap of white card stock.  Using my SU! markers I colored the focal image and just the two petals that I later cut out and raised on dimensionals.  I also added some extra color with my waterbrush and a Gelato, then added more dimension and sparkle with some Stickles.

Next, I faux stitched the stem and added some punched leaves.  The sentiment was placed on a MFT die cut and the card base has been dry embossed.  Pretty simple really...

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury card stock in White, Basic Grey Infuse
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Hero Arts Poetic Petals Two and Technique Tuesday Greenhouse Society Stems
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lifestyle Crafts Linear embossing folder, MFT Bracket Tab, piercing tool and mat, McGill birch leaf punch, SU! markers, Gelatos, waterbrush, Purple and Yellow Stickles, dimensionals

Hope today is the start to a great week for you my friends!  Back soon with more!

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! Love the flower and the stitched stem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous and sparkly flower Lee-Anne! Love the stitched stem! So creative as always!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!