Sunny Skies and Butterflies


Playing catch-up on my Splitcoast Mix-Ability challenges.  This also works for the sketch challenge today at Splitcoast.

Janelle's challenge was to either use die cuts to create stencils or to create a window with die cuts.  As you can see I chose the first option.

Using my Verve Flutterby dies, I created a stencil with several of the butterflies on it.  Next it was placed over my designer paper and inked with Distress Ink.  TIP:  Verve dies have registration holes on them for placement but I simply covered those with washi tape before inking.  Next, I used a template and sponged Distress Paint in a coordinating color through the template to add the pattern to the butterflies.

I brightened up the sun with a Faber-Castell big brush pen because my focus was "brighter" days.

Next I cut a banner in aqua card stock and using the same template, added the same pattern in a random fashion, again with Distress Paint.  The edges were all inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The Verve Pennant Trim die was used across the bottom of the banner.  It's also been inked with the Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.

Then, I stamped and die cut the sentiment with another Verve die, inked the edges with both Mustard Seed Distress Ink and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I sponged a wee bit of the Mustard Seed on the "brighter" portion of the sentiment.

And finally, what better way to say "brighter" than to add some bling, right?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury in white for the card base, SU! Tempting Turquoise and Prima Sun Kiss
Ink:  Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Stamps:  Verve Brighter Days
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Verve Flutterby A Cut Above Die, Verve Pennant Trim A Cut Above Die, Verve Sweet Scallop A Cut Above Die, 1 1/4" square punch, TCW mini window screen template, Mustard Seed Distress Paint, Broken China Distress Paint, Faber-Castell big brush pen, washi tape, sponges, scrap card stock, misc. bling

Hope you are having a day full of sunny skies and butterflies!