Lucy's Advice


Funny title no?  Can you guess where it came from?

This is a really oddball sized card that will require a custom envelope and I'm ok with that.  After watching a video on mixing Dylusions sprays with Dylusions white linen spray, just had to try the technique.  You'll find the video here on the Joggles site.  What I love about this technique is that the deeply pigmented inks become chalky and beautiful pastel versions of themselves...very cool indeed!

I've used Simon Says Stamp watercolor paper and created the mixes in three different colors;  and then sprayed each one on my paper.  Next I sprayed water through a template to do the ghosting effect and then added some more spray and some Distress Inks through additional templates.

Then, I stamped the floral image and the sentiment in Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.  Next I "painted" the flower with glass bead gel and dried it. Since I really wanted the flower to stand out, I colored it with my Faber-Castell big brush pens to give it some rich color, then outlined the entire flower with my black big brush pen.

In the lower right corner, I've added some washi tape, some of  the Tim Holtz tissue tape, and a smudge of the black big brush pen.  Then I used some of the Tim Holtz remnant  rubs on the upper left quadrant of the page.

Totally cool right?  Have you figured out where the title came from yet?  Let me know...

What I've used today:
Paper:  Simon Says Stamp and Bazzill
Ink:  Peeled Paint and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Stamps:  Unity Imperfection is Beauty
All the other stuff:  misc. washi tape, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Faber-Castell big brush pens, water mister, empty misting bottles, White Linen Dylusions spray, Dirty Martini Dylusions spray, After Midnight Dylusions spray, Funky Fuchsia Dylusions spray, Golden Glass Bead Gel, Tim Holtz remnant rubs, TCW mini ledger template, TCW mini harlequin template, TCW mini art is template, Dylusions letter jumble template, sponges

Back soon with more my friends...