Khan Quote



It's time for the sketch challenge at Splitcoast today.  Janette has given us a really great sketch that lends itself to so many possibilities.  If you'd like to play along the here's the link.

Today I decided to play with my Distress Paints and Gelatos and play I did.

My card starts with a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card base in black.  That's followed by a piece of plain white card stock that I smudged with Antique Linen and Mustard Seed Distress Paints.  Once that was dry (impatience caused me to use a heat gun *grin*), I added more color with my Gelatos, again in a streaky sort of fashion.  To tone it down a bit, I added a little more Antique Linen Distress Paint.

Next I added the little black dots and then the black banner.  The sentiment circle was created by smudging some Broken China Distress Paint across a piece of white card stock.  Then using a template, I sponged more of the Antique Linen Distress Paint on the page.  It was die cut and then stamped with the sentiment. Finally, I topped it off with a die cut butterfly.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Onyx Black, SU So Saffron and Georgia Pacific white
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Unity Stamp - Imperfection is Beauty (Donna Downey)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT Banner Stax, Spellbinder's circle die, Memory Box Pippi butterfly die, TCW Art Is template, Mustard Seed Distress Paint, Antique Linen Distress Paint, Broken China Distress Paint,  and Dazzles Black Jewel Stickers

Back soon with more...