First Canvas


So this is all pretty new to me...trying to get the hang of this mixed media thing.  So today, thought I'd try doing a canvas for the Mix-Ability challenge at Splitcoast.  Dini has asked us to either use all warm colors with a pop of cool color or all cool colors with a pop of warm.  I'm also entering this in the Eclectic Paperie flower challenge.

This has lots of acrylic paints, Gelatos, Faber-Castell big brush pens, Dylusions ink spray, Perfect Pearls mist, Distress Paint...pretty much everything but the kitchen sink *grin* was involved in the making of this canvas. I've used templates, my fingers, brushes and stamps.

My method?  Hmmm...just flying by the seat of my pants I guess???   This just came together adding layers and different mediums...sorry that I don't have any real details...perhaps at some point I'll be able to give you detailed step-by-step photos...we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to share my first canvas with you...I will continue to make cards for sure, but am totally intrigued with mixed media and canvas too.

Products used:
Paper:  none
Ink:  Distress Inks
Stamps:  Donna Downey/Unity Stamps and Tim Holtz
All the other stuff:  canvas,  Folk Art acrylics, Liquitex acrylics, Faber-Castell big brush pens, Dylusions ink spray, Perfect Pearls mist, Distress Paints, Gelatos, TCW templates, brushes, glazing medium

Hope you have a lovely weekend!