Believe Peace Treasure

Wednesday, April 10, 2013



Just a little mixed media piece to share with you today.  I'm playing with lots of different mediums...Gelatos, tissue tape, paints, gesso, India ink pens.  And, although it's not a piece I'm totally in love with...I feel that I'm working towards something new.
 
The Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week is April Showers and/or Spring Flowers and they are showcasing Hero Arts stamps so this fits the challenge well. 

Not sure where I'm headed these days with my art...please bear with me.  Sort of feel like I'm forging ahead in a new direction...  

And, I can partially describe what I've done here but there are so many steps and experiments...it's truly hard to describe it all. This piece starts out by stamping the background stamp from Hero Arts and coloring it with gelatos, then I've added layers of paint, gesso, washi, tissue tape and on and on.  Perhaps you could say I've used everything but the kitchen sink *grin*.

What I've used:
Paper:  Simon Says Stamp watercolor paper
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink
Stamps:  Hero Arts, Tim Holtz Mixed Media (so apropos) *wink*
All the other stuff:  Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, misc. washi tape, gesso, TCW mini circle regiment template, TCW mini dandelions template, Gelatos, acrylic paints, Faber-Castell PITT artist big brush pens, Distress Stains, Distress Paints, niji waterbrushes, Tim Holtz idea-ology chitchat stickers, Gelly Roll metallic pens, sponges

I hope you'll follow me on my little adventure into the unknown. And, I'd really like to hear from you...what do you think???






3 comments

  1. Your card look gorgeous!!!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you wish, come on my blog ... If you want, you can become a Member? Please! ... I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media project! Amazing details and wonderful colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful mixed media project! Love the colors and your design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!