You Color My World I Adore You

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Today I'm playing with my gelatos and using one of my favorite tools...my fingers!  LOL!

Instructions:
1)  make a white card base in the standard 4.25" x 5.5" format
2)  cut a slightly smaller rectangle in the same card stock
3)  stamp the "you color my world" sentiment in embossing ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder
4)  dampen finger slightly and rub gelato on the end of your finger, rubbing it on the card at an angle across the sentiment
5)  repeat step 4 with two other colors of gelatos
6)  stamp the "i adore you" sentiment and the little heart with a waterproof ink in black (ask me how I know this!)
7)  using a Spellbinder's heart-shaped die pierce around the heart
8)  randomly scatter little black gems on the page

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury in white
Ink:  Ranger Embossing Ink, Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Stamps:  Paper Smooches
All the other stuff:  gelatos, white embossing powder, heat gun, water, finger *grin*, Spellbinder's heart dies, SU! mat pack, piercing tool, Hero Arts Pearls & Gems

Have fun, make art!

5 comments

  1. Your finger 'tool' came in very handy with the gelatos.:-) Such a pretty and colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea with those little swatches of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, a fabulous design and love your finger painting, lovely with your details and sentiment!!

    Thanks for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and love the simplicity of this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so simple but very impressive! I really love it! Great fingers job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!