It's the Color Challenge over at Splitcoast today. The colors are SU! Bashful Blue, Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals.
The Bashful Blue I have...the other two...not so much. So decided to use some similar colors in the new Distress Paints. They showed up in the mail this a.m. and I could hardly wait to put them to use! I also received my four free stamp sets from Paper Smooches that I won recently while doing the Online Card Classes Clean & Simple Cardmaking 2 class. Aren't I the lucky one?
1) make a standard card base with black card stock and round the bottom corners
2) cut a piece of designer paper slightly smaller, also round the bottom corners
3) add a couple of colors of Distress Paint to a solid stamp and stamp on the designer paper. Use both first and second gen stamping
4) add some smudges of the blue Distress Paint randomly to the designer paper
5) stamp sentiment in black
6) add gems in random pattern
Paper: Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury card stock in black onyx, MME Bramble Rose
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Penny Black and Paper Smooches
All the other stuff: Distress Paints in Barn Red, Picked Raspberry and Broken China; Corner Chomper, Hero Arts black gems
See you soon with more!