Nature's Beauty

It's time for the featured stamper CAS challenge at Splitcoast.  Today our featured stamper is simplybeautiful.  I chose to CASE this beauty of hers:

I've started with a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card base, stamped with the sentiment from Verve.

The vertical strip was created by using a Mr. Huey's mist and a template to create the flowers. Once that was dry, I used another Mr. Huey's mist in a lighter color and sprayed the entire piece.  Then I started adding my gelatos with my fingers and water. And for the final touch, I added some white gesso to the centers of the flowers, again with my fingers.  Fingers are great tools aren't they?  Takes me back to kindergarten and finger painting *grin*.

Once that was dry, I cut a strip off  it, and added the strip of black with the Verve Pennant Trim die. I used my fingernails to pull apart a couple of layers on some of the little pennants to add a little more texture.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury card stock in white and onyx black; and water color paper
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Verve Every Season Plain Jane
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Donna Downey 6 x 6 floral stencil, Verve Pennant Trim A Cut Above Die, Mr. Huey's mist in Passport, Mr. Huey's mist in Watercooler, gesso, gelatos, water

Hope you have a wonderfully creative week everyone!