Literal Translation

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sometimes, my brain just takes things too literally...like the CAS challenge where our theme is "love is in the air". The first thing that came to mind was hot air balloons spelling out "I Love You"; so that's where I headed with this card.  It's mostly die cuts and can be made in a hurry for those of you that may have procrastinated in making your Valentines (grin).

It starts with a card base that's 4.25" x 5.5" that has the bottom corners rounded.  Next comes a slightly smaller rectangle that has a cloud background stamped in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  Sure makes for a quick and easy sky don't you think?

Then I die cut the grass in designer paper.  I used two layers, slightly offset with dimensional between them.  Next comes three die cut hot air balloons, again in a designer paper.  I stamped the "I" and "U" in Festive Berries Distress Ink and cut them out by hand.  Then the little heart was die cut out of white card stock and inked with the same ink to match.

The letters and the heart are attached to the hot air balloons with dimensionals; and the hot air balloons are also attached to the page with dimensionals.  And finally, for a little bling...I scribbled some Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the heart.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Crate Paper On Trend, Georgia Pacific, and Gina K. Pure Luxury white card stock
Ink:  Tumbled Glass and Festive Berries Distress Ink
Stamps:  Impression Obsession Clouds C-A-C and Hero Arts Alphabet Blocks
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics, Memory Box Hot Air Balloon and Mini Hot Air Balloon, Verve I Heart You A Cut Above Die, sponge, Jody boosters, Corner Chomper, Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles

See you soon with more!

2 comments

  1. Those balloons are adorable! Love the lettering and the fun grass below :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Τhе moment thеу get рals, theу will expect fаmiliarіty, but
    not аlso much untіl finallу then.
    Then there are scientiѕts and other involved people today
    who are seemingly fightіng a dropping battle to stem thе tide mаin
    tοwarԁs enѵiгonmental Αrmagedԁon or as the title оf thіs ρiece calls it "Warmageddon. Progress 11 miles, and observe carefully for the indicator to Laupahoehoe Stage Seashore Park on the precise.
    Feel free to visit my blog post old stone oven

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!