Go Confidently

A card for a couple of different challenges at Splitcoast today.  First off, the Ways to Use It challenge using sponging and for Unity Stamps LOVEFEST inspiration challenge using the colors yellow, teal, orange and brown.

The card base has been dry embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and sponged with Walnut Stain.  Then I lightly spritzed a piece of watercolor paper with water and sponged it with distress inks.  Next I flicked more water over top.  I sponged a little extra Evergreen Bough across the bottom portion.

Once that was dry, I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black.  Then I stamped it again on plain white card stock and paper pieced the sails.  The cloud was painted with a white from the  H20's to soften the sky colors...I wanted the effect of the colors reflecting on the clouds...so it needed some softening.  I scribbled and blended a couple of colors of Distress Markers in the area around the boat, too.  A Copic marker was used to place a shadow behind the clouds too.

The sentiment from Verve is just simply stamped in the same Versafine ink.  The edges were all distressed and sponged with Walnut Distress Ink and I added a little clip to the top.  The clip has been antiqued with Copic markers.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Georgia Pacific white, SU! watercolor paper and SU! Crumb Cake
Ink:  Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Evergreen Bough and Walnut Stain as well as Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Verve Words of Wisdom and Inkadinkado (Fine Line Classics)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Distressed Frame embossing folder, sponges, LuminArte Siam White H20, Broken China Distress Marker, Frayed Burlap Distress Marker, water mister, W1, E47 and 110 Copics

I think I'd like to sail away on that ship...off into the sunset...wouldn't you?  Think warm, think tropical...sigh.....