Birthday Wishes for You

Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm in need of a "guy" card today. My card starts with the MOJO Monday sketch.  I've also incorporated the TLC challenge over at Splitcoast to use sanded designer paper on your card.

The card base is a standard 4.25" x 5.5" in SU! Naturals Ivory.  Next comes a slightly smaller rectangle of SU! Soft Suede that's been dry embossed, distressed and inked.  I also used a SU! stamp wheel across the lower portion of this piece of card stock and sponged a little more color over top.  Although the sketch calls for another layer of paper, I wanted to minimize my layers and this really helps.

Next is a piece of retired SU! designer paper that's been dry embossed and sanded with a sanding block.  The edges were also distressed and inked.  At the bottom of this piece you'll see some little pennants...that's the Verve Pennant Trim A Cut Above Die...cute right?  This is one of my all time favorite dies and it works really well on a masculine card.

Then a strip of the same SU! More Mustard card stock as the pennant is made with...this time on the diagonal.  It's been distressed and inked also.

Next is the sentiment, stamped on the Naturals Ivory card stock, scored and then I used the same SU! stamp wheel and just hit it in a couple of random places.  And, just a little bit of embellishing...one lonely little brad. Wanted to keep it manly!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Naturals Ivory, More Mustard, Soft Suede and retired designer paper
Ink:  Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday Greenhouse Society Stems
All the other stuff:   Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Checkerboard embossing folder, sanding block, distressing tool, Verve Pennant Trim A Cut Above Die, SU! Texture wheel and handle, Scor-pal, SU! Antique Brad, sponges, ATG

1 comment

  1. Looky at you working that Mojo Sketch :) Love the EF you used and the banner along the bottom. Perfect touch with the scoring! Well done all round :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!