Birthday Green

Time for the Ways to Use It challenge at Splitcoast.  Our hostess has asked us to use green on our cards today.

I'm taking the Clean & Simple Card Making 2 from Online Card Classes and am having a blast.  Lots of great techniques and tips.  I learned about this tip years ago in a water coloring class and it's fun to try it again.  The reaction of salt with water colors can make for some very interesting texture on your cards.

I scribbled three different colors of Distress Markers on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water, put my piece of water color paper in it, turned it over and then sprinkled a little bit of kosher salt on the piece.  Once dry you get this really cool effect.  Then I cut my piece of water color paper to size and inked the bottom a little bit with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.

Next, I stamped the floral image from Technique Tuesday Greenhouse Society line.  There are several different sentiments with it that you can arrange is a lot of different ways.  I chose this particular layout and stamped it in black.

Then, I used my Distress Markers to color the two flowers.  My only embellies are three Kaisercraft gems and a little bit of Diamond Stickles in the center of each flower.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  misc. watercolor paper and Gina K. Pure Luxury white card stock
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday Greenhouse Society
All the other stuff:  craft sheet, water spritzer, kosher salt, sponges, Peeled Paint Distress Marker, Shabby Shutters Distress Marker, Spun Sugar Distress Marker and Diamond Stickles

Are you enjoying seeing some different techniques?  Let me know!