A Grateful Heart

My favorite day of the week...Friday!  The weekend is almost here and it's the Mix-Ability Challenge at Splitcoast.

Today Dina has asked us to use water-based mediums and water to create our cards/backgrounds.  This card starts with a piece of water color paper.  I used a Dylusions Ink Spray and a template to start the background.  Next, I stamped the dogwood image with Distress Embossing Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then using my gelatos and water I smudged and moved the color around till I was happy with it.

The next step was to stamp the dogwoods again, this time in black, as well as the ribbon banner and sentiment.  A few black gems finish the card off.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  card base is Gina K. Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Strathmore water color paper
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp
All the other stuff:  clear embossing powder, heat gun, gelatos, water mister, Funky Fuschia Dylusions Ink Spray, TCW Mini Paint Lids, misc. black gems

Have a great weekend everyone!