Old Stamps Old Technique

Pulling out some of my older stamps to give them some love today.  Also used a new stamp I recently purchased too!  And went back in time to the emerging color technique.

I've used the Splitcoast Stampers sketch from today:

My card base is a standard A2 (4.25" x 5.5"") size.  Next I inked a piece of plain white card stock with Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks.  Then I stamped the large floral/script stamp in embossing ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Next I sponged lots of Chipped Sapphire Distress over the entire piece thus deepening the background and bringing the colors to life.  Hence the name...emerging color.

The dotted rectangle that peeking out from behind the larger floral image has been made with a dot image stamp in Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  Then using the direct-to-paper technique I added some smudges of both the colors used in the main panel and inked the edges.  The smallest rectangle is a piece of SU! Tempting Turquoise that's been simply stamped with the Sweet 'n Sassy floral image and again, inked edges.

Then I sponged some Picked Raspberry ink on some white card stock.  Next, I inked my craft sheet with the same color and spritzed it with water, then pulled the paper through the it to add the deeper splashes of color.  It was then die cut and stamped with the sentiment.  Final touches...a few scattered rhinestones.  Note:  the rhinestones are all the same color but for some reason the top ones look more red???  I have no idea why...one of those great mysteries of the universe right? LOL!

This card is headed off to Martha in Texas, our focus of the Teapotter's Challenge at Splitcoast this week.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Georgia Pacific and SU! Tempting Turquoise
Ink:  Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Ranger Embossing Ink and Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Stampington and Co., Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Savvy Stamps and Hero Arts
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, sponges, craft mat, water spritzer, heat gun, clear embossing powder, MFT Fishtail Flags Die-namics, misc. rhinestones

...back soon with more!