My Funky Valentine


It's time for another CAS Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers...a color challenge.  Our colors to work with are SU! Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay and Chocolate Chip (or any other inks in red, lime green, turquoise-green, chocolate brown).

When I'm making a CAS card sometimes I tend to make a little more detailed card and sometimes I just really love to do pure plain and simple.  This doesn't get a whole lot more plain or simple!

My card base is a standard A2 (4.25" X 5.5").  It starts with stamping the text image in SU! Kiwi Kiss about 2/3 of the way across the card.  Then changing to the Bermuda Bay ink, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped it again the rest of the way across the card.

Next, I used SU! Chocolate Chip to stamp the sentiment and SU! Ruby Red to stamp the heart image.  And although it's not really easy to see, the large red heart has been heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then for just a little bling...red rhinestone hearts and a few clear rhinestones in the flourishes.

A very simple card...quick to make and fun colors!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury in white
Ink:  SU! Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip and Embossing Distress Ink
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Love Struck
All the other stuff:  misc. rhinestones, clear embossing powder, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, heat gun

Thanks for hanging out with me today...see you soon!