CAS204 It's Your Day


It's a sketch challenge for the Splitcoast Stampers CAS challenge this week.  As soon as I saw the sketch my mind went to buttons...

I took a standard A2 card base and used my craft knife and cutting mat to remove about 1" of paper from the right border of the front of the card.  Then I cut a piece of designer paper, slightly larger and adhered it to the inside of the card.

The front of the card was dry embossed with the dots folder.  Next I cut a rectangle, again in white card stock and stamped it with the Taylored Expressions Graphic Greetings Birthday image.  Then I swiped three different colors of Distress stain across it.  It's been popped up on dimensionals.  And, although you can't really see it, there's Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the rectangle to add some bling...subtle but it's there.

Added some black thread to the three little buttons and then glued them onto the designer paper with Ranger Glossy Accents.  Quick and easy card!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury White and Crate Paper On Trend
Ink:  Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Stamps:  Taylored Expressions Graphic Greetings Birthday
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, SU! Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, craft knife, cutting mat, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, Spun Sugar Distress Stain, Shabby Shutters Distress Stain, Broken China Distress Stain, Jody boosters, Ranger Glossy Accents, MFT buttons, needle, thread