Joy to the World Tag

Well, as much as I'd hoped to get more tags done...this is probably my last for the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist over at Ellen Hutson's classroom.  This tag is based on Paula Cheney's absolutely stunning tag.

I've started out with a manila tag and followed Paula's instructions for inking it.  Place some Spun Sugar Distress Stain and some Frayed Burlap Distress stain on a craft sheet...spritz with water and drag your tag through it.  Repeat until you're happy with your tag then dry it with a heat gun.

Next I dry embossed the tag and then sprayed it with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist to give it some shimmer. Then using two different sizes of Spellbinders circle nesties I cut a base for my wreath out of grungeboard.  I used the Tim Holtz Festive Greenery Sizzix die to cut out lots of holly leaves and used the branch from his Tattered Pinecone die to cut the larger bits of ivory colored branches.  Once all the leaves/twigs were glued onto the grungeboard base, I added some Ranger's Glossy Accents and then sprinkled it with glitter, all in random fashion.

The shiny center has been made with some adhesive backed foil as I didn't have the mirror card stock that Paula used.  It's just been adhered to the center of the circle that I cut with my nesties.  Next I used Tim's Stacked Words:  Christmas die, cutting it twice so that the words could be separated.  Like Paula, I placed the "joy" in the center and the rest of the die cut in the lower corner.

Again, more Melissa Frances tinsel trim, some hand-dyed seam binding and a scrap of silk ribbon for the ties.

Here's what I used:
Paper: Ranger Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets, Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection card stock, SU! gold shimmer paper, ivory card stock
Ink:  none
Stamps:  none
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Ranger Manila tag, Tim Holtz Regal Flourishes Texture Fades, Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die, Tim Holtz Stacked Words:  Christmas die, Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die, dimensionals, SU! silver glass glitter, Ranger Glossy Accents, Melissa Frances tinsel trim, Hug Snug seam binding, kraft sheet, Spun Sugar Distress Stain, Frayed Burlap Distress Stain, Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mists, heat gun

Well that's probably it for the tags...ah if only there were more hours in a day right?    Have a great week everyone!  I'll be back later today with my posting for tomorrow's CAS challenge at Splitcoast.