200th Noel

It's the 200th CAS Challenge over at Splitcoast, one of my favorite places to hang out!  Denise has inspired us with a beautiful piece of fabric:


Normally I would have keyed in on leaves...one of my favorite things to stamp...but instead  focused on the colors and made yet another Christmas card.  Are you sick of Christmas cards yet?  I could probably make them all year long as they are one of my favorite things to do.

This is a really simple card to make.  It's a 4.25" square in SU! Basic Gray, followed by a square of red card stock, and a square of white card stock that's been embossed with a Spellbinder's square nestie.  The letters are stamped off before stamping as I wanted the feel of the gray leaves...soft and textured.  This particular font is simple and rather contemporary looking which mimics the feel of the fabric, don't you think? 

Then I topped it off with a little wreath.  Kittie Caracciolo makes the most amazing wreaths, so I followed her great tutorial on her blog.   I punched the Martha Stewart branch punch out many times in two shades of gold and in SU! Soft Suede.  The base of the wreath is made with two small circle nesties.  The little bow is simply made with a bit of Christmas tinsel pipe cleaner twisted to form the bow.

That's it...a very simple card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Basic Gray, Soft Suede, misc. white and red papers
Ink:  SU! Basic Gray
Stamps:  SU! Taffy Alphabet
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, square Spellbinders nesties, Martha Stewart branch punch, round nesties, Ranger Glossy Accents, ATG

Hope you have time to play along at Splitcoast!  Have a wonderful week!