Plum and Gold Joy

Monday, November 12, 2012

Yes, I'm finally back!  Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of card making?  LOL!

This card is for a couple of challenges - the CAS sketch challenge by Teresa Kline and the CR84FN67 challenge to use plum, gold and tan:



It's really quick and easy to do...just like a CAS card should be!  I simply cut 2" strips of various papers from my stash and then decided their length and placement on the card.  To turn the strips into banners, a square nestie was used since I didn't have a square punch that was large enough.

Then I used a snowflake embossing folder for the lower left corner and added some gold pearls in different sizes.  Added a simple sentiment and done!  Easy peasy right?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  these papers are from my stash and they are old...the only one I know is the vellum paper which is from Daisy D, Gina K. Pure Luxury Heavy Weight card stock
Ink:  SU! Concord Crush
Stamps:  Verve Merry Wishes
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders square nesties, Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder, misc. gold pearls, ATG

Have a wonderful week everyone!


11 comments

  1. Very elegant! Love the texture in the banners and the pearl accents on the snowflakes. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty Lee Ann! LOVE the gold banners and the embossed snowflakes! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty simple card Lee-Anne! The gold banners look fabulous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the embossed snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous I love the banners, and the clean style!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fresh and clean, I love the golden banners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of the sketch and colors! Love banners and these big ones make me smile! Thanks for playing along at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo! love those fishtail flags. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Thanks for playing along at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great ... love the boldness of the banners mixed the the delicacy of the snowflakes! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Love t Pretty banners and embossed snowflakes too! So Pretty and Elegant! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!