Paris Birthday Wishes

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A birthday card for a very dear friend who's turning 50!  I've used the RetroSketch#36:



 and the CR84FN color challenge to use gray, tan and cream:


I started by stamping the Tim Holtz stamp on my SU! Crumb Cake card stock.  Then I sponged the edges with SU! Going Gray (retired).

Next comes a piece of SU! Very Vanilla card stock that's been cut with the Spellbinder's Labels 20 die.  It was stamped with another of the Tim Holtz stamps in this set and sponged with Going Gray while still in the die.  A piece of striped card stock was stamped in another coordinating stamp, again in going gray and the edges were sponged with SU! Crumb Cake.  It's been matted on another piece of Very Vanilla card stock.

The sentiment was die cut with the Verve Mini Bookplate die and stamped in SU! Soft Suede, while the border around it was stamped in Going Gray.  It was layered over a slightly larger bookplate die cut in Soft Suede. 

Then I tied a piece of seam binding around the top of the die cut label and added a bow.  When I'm hand delivering a card, it's ok to have a bow that is over-sized or askew on the card because it will be placed in a clear card box.  The final embellishment is a button that's been matted on a circle of Soft Suede.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and a misc. scrap of striped paper
Ink:  SU! Crumb Cake, Going Gray, Soft Suede
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Papillon and Verve Borderline
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders Labels 20, Verve Mini Bookplate A Cut Above Die, misc. button, 1" circle punch, sponges, Hug Snug Seam Binding in Fig Beige, and Jody Boosters

Hope you are all having a fabulous week my friends!

1 comment

  1. Beautiful job with the sketch Lee-Anne! Love the muted tones and that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!