Berries and Branches Noel

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Time for some shabby chic today!  I've used Sketch Challenge #412 from Splitcoast and I've played Tic Tac Toe over at The Shabby Team Room.  My Tic Tac Toe was made by using a mini tag, seam binding and glitter from the game board.

Today my card is a 5 1/2" square.  I've layered some designer paper over the card base...it's been distressed and inked with Memento Rich Cocoa.  Over top of that...another layer of designer paper that's been distressed and inked layered over the red card stock.

I stamped the wreath in the same Rich Cocoa and then used Stickles for the berries.  To add more glittery goodness I've used some Martha Stewart coarse glitter.

Now for the embellies...two rows of red rose trim and some seam binding that I've spritzed with water and wrinkled.  Next I made a shabby type bow from the same seam binding.  The canvas mini tag has been inked with some of the same Rich Cocoa and some Old Olive.  The sentiment from Verve is stamped in Cherry Cobbler but it just didn't show up the way I wanted on the canvas, so I used a Copic and traced it to deepen it some.

The red tulle has been trimmed from the shabby little roses and pulled through the tag which was attached to the bow with a pretty rhinestone brad.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Authentique Festive
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, SU! Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive
Stamps:  PSX and Verve Glad Tidings
All the other stuff:  Xmas Red Stickles, Ranger Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Crafts Coarse Glitter, Spare Parts by the Paper Studio Antique Gemstone Brads, Maya Road Mini Tag Canvas Pieces, Hug Snug Seam Binding in Cream, R39 Copic, red rose trim, sponges, distressing tool, ATG, water spritzer, craft mat, heat tool (to dry the seam binding)

Hope you are having a fantastic week!

1 comment

  1. Such a beautiful wreath image!! Love it! Lovely card show casing it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!