With Apologies to Duke and Ella...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Funny title?  OK here's what's been going through my head as I made this card for Bev's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge:

It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that bling
(doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah)
It don't mean a thing, all you gotta do is bling
(doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah)

Now my title makes sense right?  So with my very sincere apologies to Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald that's the little song I started singing. 

Bev asked us to really bling up our cards for this challenge.  So one very sparkly heart, two large rhinestone swirls and six single rhinestones later...here's my card.  Actually it's another one of those easy peasy designs.  And no stamping! 

I've die cut the dotted layer with a large scallop die and then placed it over top of the larger piece of designer paper.  Both are layered over a piece of white card stock and then placed on a brown card base.

The large rhinestone swirl, as I've said, is actually two pieces of Zva Creative bling that I joined together.  I wanted to emphasize the "YOU" in the designer paper sentiment and then I added three more rhinestones to the top left of the card for some balance.  The heart is some blingy paper that's been die cut with a Tim Holtz die.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! Whisper White, Recollections Pale Pink Glitter Cardstock and Glitz Pretty in Pink
Ink:  none...no stamping!
Stamps:  none...no stamping!
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Heart Wings Sizzix die, MFT Jumbo Scallops die, SU! Basic Rhinestones and Zva Creative CR-05CA-101

Back soon with more my dear friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!