Clear Gratitude

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Well after 20 or so odd photographs, and I do mean odd...this is it.  I forgot how difficult it is to photograph clear cards.  So my apologies to you all...the card really looks much better in real life.

One of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges was to have something clear on your card...so I made a clear card.

The card base is a transparency.  On the top, a doily that's been stamped with the flower from Verve's Beautiful You.  Then I just stamped the sentiment right over top.

Inside the card...a square of pink card stock.  See the little black frame?  Well it's an off cut from two different sized square nesties.  Just added a little glue with a toothpick to stick it to the pink square. 

The backside of the doily doesn't show the adhesive for some reason...yes, happy accident!  However when I taped the pink square down with my ATG it really showed on the back side of the card.  So I just taped another square of pink to the back to hide it.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Blushing Bride, SU! Basic Black
Ink:  SU! Regal Rose, Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Verve Beautiful You
All the other stuff:  Ellen Hutson doily, ATG, off cut from nesties squares, transparency

Back soon with more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!