Cherish Friendship

Monday, October 15, 2012

A card for the Technique Lover's Challenge over at Splitcoast today.  Judy was recently at a get together with some stamping buddies and learned this technique from Melissa Edwards.  You can find all the info here at Splitcoast.  The samples shown are all CAS designs.  I took it a step further and matted it on black card stock.
It's a spin on the acrylic block technique.  I've inked my acrylic block with three different shades of Distress Inks, then spritzed the block with water before stamping.  Next, I masked off the rest of the card with Post It Notes, leaving the area just stamped.  Taking the one of the same colors I stamped the area again.  This added more texture just by stamping the darker color again.  (You could repeat this with several colors.) Then, after I had removed the Post It Notes, I stamped some more images and the sentiment in black.  There was a happy little accident... my Post It Note actually really stuck to the card stock and ripped off a section of paper.  Instead of throwing it out, I used it...it adds more texture and interest.

My only embellishment is a tag that's been painted with Distress Paints and wiped dry.  I also used a piece of canvas fringe which I dyed with two of the same Distress Inks I used in my acrylic block technique.  The tag was glued on to the card with Ranger Glossy Accents.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. heavy weight white card stock and SU! Basic Black
Ink:  Distress Inks in Rusty Hinge, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Weather Textiles, Shabby French and Urban Tapestries
All the other stuff:   craft sheet, water spritzer, acrylic block, Tim Holtz tag, Canvas Corp. Fringe, Post It Notes, Copper and Cranberry Adirondack Metallic Acrylic Paint Dabbers, Picket Fence Distress Stain

See you very soon with more my friends!  Have a marvelous Monday!


1 comment

  1. I am fascinated by that tag! It looks like old metal. Is it metal? Or chipboard? Love this card and the added dimension of making it a two-layer card instead of just one layer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!