Bouquet of Good Wishes

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A double challenge card today...one for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge by Mary to use some sort of postage on our card and the Ways to Use It Challenge where Linda has asked us to use embossing on our card.
Do you ever just fight and fight with a card and finally say...ok...that's it...you win??? LOL!  This one got the better of me and I'm still not entirely thrilled but it is what it is.

The card base is a standard 4.25" x 5.5".  Next comes a layer of black card stock topped by a piece of  Pretty in Pink that's been dry embossed.  A couple of simple squares made with my nesties are next; one in Regal Rose and one in Basic Black. 

The focal image has been stamped on a die cut and then colored with Copics.  I sponged it while it was in the die and then added a wee bit of color on the edges too.  The flowers have been blinged up with a clear Spica pen and then I added the pearls to the centers of three of the flowers and also throughout the card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Luxury heavy weight card stock, SU! Pretty in Pink, SU! Regal Rose and SU! Basic Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and SU! Pink Pirouette
Stamps:  Hero Arts Bouquet of Good Wishes and Lockhart Stamp Co.
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, square and postage nesties, Sizzix Flourish embossing folder (from the Textured Impressions embossing folder 2 pack - Snowflake & Flourish set), sponges, misc. pearls, clear Spica pen, Copics:  flowers - R81, R83, R85, greens - G20, G24, basket - E41, E43 and shadows - W3

Thanks for joining me today!  Hope your day is amazing!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!