JOY!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Over at Splitcoast today, it's Featured Stamper day.  I chose to case a beautiful Christmas card of Carolina's.  While her card was totally white...I did the complete opposite and used lots of color!

The poinsettia is made from a Spellbinder's die, the leaves are from a Tim Holtz die and the little black sprigs are a Martha Stewart punch.  Most of the poinsettia leaves have been embossed with gold and I also used a little here and there on the leaves.  All the poinsettia leaves and the striped leaves have been shaped with a stylus and mat.  The center of the poinsettia is made with another of the Spellbinder's dies in the same set and then I added some Distress Stickles for some dimension.

A simple piece of black taffeta ribbon across the bottom of the card topped by some Grungeboard that's been inked and done.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  MME Lost and Found Christmas, SU! Basic Black and Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Encore Gold and SU! Rich Razzleberry
Stamps:  none!
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, Tim Holtz Holly Branch die, Martha Stewart pine branch punch, gold embossing powder, Tim Holtz Grungeboard Alphabet Soup, sponges, misc. black taffeta ribbon, Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Stickles, glue, McGill Paper Blossoms craft molding mat and tool kit

Have a wonderful week and thanks for joining me today!

1 comment

  1. So pretty and elegant - what a great case! I love the color and all the die cuts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!